frequently asked questions
Disabilities & Special Needs
How do I book a reservation for passengers with disabilities and special needs?
If making your flight reservation through one of our reservation centers, please advise the Crew Member booking your travel of any request(s) you may have for assistance.
When booking online, after receiving confirmation, please call one of our reservations Crew Members, provide your confirmation number and advise the type of assistance you are requesting. They will be glad to document your record appropriately.
Our reservation centers can be reached by calling 1-800-AIR-TRAN (1-800-247-8726).
You are not required to advise us of any special needs you may have prior to travel. However, it is beneficial, as your request(s) can then be more readily accommodated. We welcome advance notice if the passenger will:
- Require a wheelchair
- Need assistance making a connection
- Need assistance to the baggage claim area
- Need assistance getting in and out of the aircraft seat
- Travel with a personal care attendant and require adjacent seating
- Be traveling with a service animal
- Need assistance due to specific disability
- Be traveling with a battery-powered respirator or ventilator
- Need any other special services provided by AirTran Airways
Next (Disabilities & Special Needs)
Back to FAQ Index