frequently asked questions
Can I reserve an Exit Row seat?
Exit row coach seating (with additional leg room) is available for purchase on AirTran-operated segments. All customers choosing exit row seating on any segment (whether purchased in advance or assigned at check-in) must meet certain requirements to qualify for exit row seating.
For safety reasons, passengers must be:
- 15 years of age or older
- Willing and able to help in the event of an emergency
- Able to speak and understand English
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to travel without using a seat belt extender
- Not traveling with an infant, children or pets
You may select exit row seating for AirTran-operated segments during the booking process or you may retrieve your reservation and select your seat at a later time.