What it means
for the AirTran Airways passenger
|Background||Photo Gallery||Seating Configuration|
|For the Passengers||Aircraft Specifications|
The AirTran Airways 737 was designed with the passenger in mind and features the latest advancements in technology, engineering, and passenger safety and comfort.
Safety First through Technological Advancements
There is nothing more important to AirTran Airways than the safety of our passengers. The 737-700 is not only an example of mechanical genius, but an aeronautical case study in safety and environmental-consciousness. The AirTran Airways 737 advancements include:
- Redundancy in all major systems - meaning electronic equipment can utilize alternative functionalities in case of failure.
- Rugged, damage-tolerant structural design.
- State-of-the-art flight-deck controls, such as the Global Positioning Landing System, Heads-up Display, Integrated Approach Navigation, and Vertical Situation Display, that provide improved warning systems and situational awareness while increasing navigational precision.
- Newly designed automatic over-wing exit doors that can be opened more rapidly in case of an on-ground emergency.
- CFM56-7 engines designed to provide lower fuel burn and dramatically reduce the emissions of hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, and smoke.
AirTran Airways is dedicated to offering the highest levels of cabin comfort, which is why attention to detail was paramount in the design of the Boeing 737-700 interior. The results speak for themselves:
- Sculpted ceilings for enhanced open space.
- Oversized EasyFit storage bins capable of carrying up to 160 pounds.
- Soft indirect lighting designed to reduce stress on travelers' eyes.
- Three modern, odor reducing vacuum lavatories with baby-changing stations.
- Ergonomically correct RECARO® brand seats.
- Award-winning two-by-two Business Class seating.
- Spacious three-by-three coach seating.
- Numerous amenities focused on accommodating passengers with special needs.
- Quiet Climb System that reduces take-off noise.
New Nonstop Route Capabilities
Made to handle short-to-medium-range routes, the 737-700 enables AirTran Airways to service longer-haul or transcontinental U.S. markets. With a range of 3,365 miles, the Boeing 737-700 can fly nonstop between any two locations in the continental United States and reach locations in South America and Canada.
The 737-700 will save AirTran Airways millions of dollars in the upcoming years by significantly reducing operating and maintenance costs. The concept is simple: state of the art aircraft technology, less fuel necessary for routes, and increased passenger capacity means more savings to pass on to loyal AirTran Airways customers.